SD card programing -

Dave Ihnat dihnat at dminet.com
Wed Apr 29 23:54:45 UTC 2015

On Wed, Apr 29, 2015 at 11:26:23AM -0700, Rick Stevens wrote:
> As long as the SD card can handle the image, it shouldn't matter as
> "dd" should quit once it's transferred the ISO image (the copy is based
> on the input device/file size, not the target's size).

But the SD card can't handle the image.  As a practical matter--real-world
experience--the short copies result in a non-booting image.

> I bought 32GB cards so I had no issues regardless of what the ISO said.

It doesn't matter; if two 32GB cards, with the image on the source
expanded to use the entire card, don't have either identical or larger
destination raw capacity, the same problem will surface.

Cheers,
--
	Dave Ihnat
	dihnat at dminet.com