Apple Macbook pro retina 2015 Fedora status

jeandet alexis alexis.jeandet at member.fsf.org
Wed Aug 5 11:01:38 UTC 2015

Hi,

I bought a Macbook pro retina(A1502 EMC 2835) few days ago(For work
reasons...), first I have to say that F22 install works very well! The
biggest issue was to resize the disk from OSX, the tool did crash after
each operation.

Let's make a list of what works:
	-F22 Installer
	-Grub to boot Fedora
	-Thunderbolt ethernet(Only cold plug)
	-Gnome in HiDPI
	-Wi-Fi
	-Sound
	-SD-CARD

What doesn't(at least today):
	-Boot OSX from grub(Some workaround on google but not tested
and useless)
	-Thunderbolt ethernet hot-pluging
	-Some apps in HiDPI such as QtCreator are really hard to
use(May be fixed when built with Qt 5.5)
	-Keyboard layout not perfect and no multimedia keys
	-Trackpad detected as simple mouse(No Synaptic device found)
	-Bluetooth not detected

I hope it may be useful for some peoples.

In the non working parts I don't understand why there is no Thunderbolt
ethernet hot-pluging since it seems to be supported by the kernel since
3.17?

Best regards,
Alexis.