Sound and networking not working after fedup from 20 to 22

Ed Greshko ed.greshko at greshko.com
Sun Aug 9 12:07:04 UTC 2015

On 08/09/15 19:42, fedora2015 wrote:
> I know this is very vague, but I don't have access to the machine in question for the time being. A friend of mine, who is even less experienced than myself, used "fedup --network 22 --product=nonproduct" to upgrade from fedora 20 to 22. His sound and networking stopped functioning.
>
> When he boots into his machine he gets "network has been disconnected" as a message. "Enable networking" is checked in network manageer"
>
> "ONBOOT= Yes" is also there in the appropriate ifcfg confi files.

Running GNOME or another desktop?

Connect is a wired or wifi?

Output of...

nmcli n

ip link show

Konsole

> Regarding the sound...I'm not sure where to start. A push in the right direction would be appreciated...

Is pulseaudio running?  Could it be simply that muted?  Use pavucontrol to check.

Get access to the system so questions won't be so vague and there won't be a problem of "telephone", if you know what I mean.  That'll help quite a bit.

--
If I wanted a blog or social media I'd go elsewhere