backup snapshot

Diogene Laerce me_buss777 at yahoo.fr
Tue Aug 11 09:05:34 UTC 2015

Le 11/08/2015 03:31, Erik Grun a écrit :
> Am 11.08.2015 um 03:25 schrieb Erik Grun:

> >> rsync -avxHSAX /source/ /target
>

> > What Heinz Diel is saying.
>

> What I forgot to add:
> Have a look at this page
>
> https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Full_System_Backup_with_rsync

Is there a trick I don't see here ? Because if the backup of those
directories
is enough for a full restoration of a system state, this method is far more
efficient than the others, isn't it ? As one does not need to reboot and
just have
to make a script or/and a cron job to make his own snapshot.

Thank you,

--
“One original thought is worth a thousand mindless quotings.”
“Le vrai n'est pas plus sûr que le probable.”

                                              Diogene Laerce