color vi (gnome-terminal)

Zach Villers greyman at greyman.info
Wed Aug 12 15:56:08 UTC 2015

Patrick,

Are you truly using vi or vim-minimal?

If you are using vim, you can download colorschemes from several sources online and install them. Vim has several plugin managers that make installing color schemes and plugins much easier. My favorite is vim-plug, which you can find on github, but that is far from the only choice.

Once you have your colorscheme installed, you can set it permanently in your .vimrc or switch to is by issuing :colo "Nameofyourcolorscheme"

Keep in mind that vim in a terminal renders colors differently than gui vim. If you are using terminal vim, you should make sure that gnome terminal is set to be a 256 color terminal and that the color scheme is built for terminal use.

---- On Wed, 12 Aug 2015 11:28:00 -0400 Patrick Dupre<pdupre at gmx.com> wrote ----

Hello,

it seems than in fedora 22, the color coding for vi has changed.
How can I get the previous mapping or have control on the
new coding?

Thank

 Patrick DUPRÉ | | email: pdupre at gmx.com
 Laboratoire de Physico-Chimie de l'Atmosphère | |
 Université du Littoral-Côte d'Opale | |
 Tel. (33)-(0)3 28 23 76 12 | | Fax: 03 28 65 82 44
 189A, avenue Maurice Schumann | | 59140 Dunkerque, France