Laptop 'Sleep' with 4.1.x Kernels

Roger Wells ROGER.K.WELLS at leidos.com
Thu Aug 13 13:15:42 UTC 2015

On 08/13/2015 08:54 AM, Tim Evans wrote:
> Anyone else lost the ability for laptop acpi "sleep" since 4.1.x kernels
> came out?  My Lenovo T530 works properly when lid is closed with
> 4.0.8-300.fc22, but does not with any 4.1 kernel.

Yes I have.  The machine is Lenovo Thinkpad x240.
I find that sometimes it works as expected, rarely.
Sometimes suspend will kick in after several minutes and sometimes
it never does.
Also uncommenting the "HandleLidSwitch=suspend" line in
/etc/systemd/logind.conf"
had no effect.

Pressing the power switch for about a second does work and is what I
do now until this lid switch problem goes away as I am sure it will.

HTH

--
Roger Wells, P.E.
leidos