Moving Firefox settings from F21 to F22

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Thu Aug 13 17:12:49 UTC 2015

Not getting anywhere here.  See below.

> On Thu, 2015-08-13 at 12:40 -0400, Robert Moskowitz wrote:
>> Different computer and drive.  F21 is still on the old computer that
>> at
>> least needs a new fan, but probably some other fix ups.  F22 is now
>> on a
>> computer that is the sum of working parts of two other computers :)
> Your original question didn't mention that. You appeared to be simply
> updating from one Fedora version to another.
>
> I would still copy the entire /home to the new machine, all the same,
> but that's just me.

I looked in the old ~/.mozilla/firefox/profile.ini to see what the old
default directory was.
I moved that directory off the backup to the new ~/.mozilla/firefox/ and
changed the new profile.ini to point to it.

I HAD stopped Firefox before doing all this, and then restarted Firefox,
and it ignored everything I did, showing all the startup defaults.

So either:

There is some stub service that is helping Firefox to restart where it
last was before I terminated it.  And I will probably have to reboot.
Or everything is kept somewhere else?