Another DNF quesiton?

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Fri Aug 14 12:11:29 UTC 2015

There is an official set of instructions for setting up a local repo.
It is somewhere on the fedoraproject wiki.

I am lazy, though.  I have a simple cron job that does an rsync every
night of the updates to my web server.  I then add a baseurl= line to
the fedora-updates.repo pointing to the update repo url. And it just
works.  My cronjob entry is:

30 5 * * * root /usr/bin/rsync -auv --delete --exclude=debug/
--exclude=drpms/ rsync://mirrors.kernel.org/fedora/updates/21/x86_64/
/media/HD103SI/repos/fedora/21/updates/x86_64

I do a symlink of where I put the repo to where apache looks for files
and I am done.  Simple enough for my needs.

I can send you a cronjob email to see what it looks like, but last
night's ended with:

sent 20501 bytes  received 481557037 bytes  2193975.12 bytes/sec
total size is 21332423081  speedup is 44.30

Someone better than me would write a script that runs all of the rsyncs
instead of a separate cronjob each and working out when to schedule each
one...