dnf downloadonly -

g geleem at bellsouth.net
Sun Aug 16 01:10:35 UTC 2015

On 08/15/15 17:57, Bob Goodwin - Zuni, Virginia, USA wrote:
<<>>

> No, they have already done this and there was sufficient notice given.
> My problem is displaying what I already have in the old Thunderbird with
> the new mail.wildblue.net Thunderbird.
>
> You probably would need to see the problem to understand ,,,
.
knowing you, i can well imagine. :-P

remember this:

  email is email is email email is email is email email is email is email.

got that? ;-)

you should not look at it as old and new because what you received via
gmail, you will now receive via wildblue. think about that.

think of email not by email server. think of email by who sent it and/or
what it relates to.

do not concern yourself with facts that really have no practical importance.

do not sort email under the email agent. sort email so that it is moved
to email folders under "Local Folders".

do not filter email spam. filter email by sender. let unfiltered email
"fall thru" to "Inbox" under "Local Folders". as such, any emails that
hit Inbox are either new wanted email that you will set a filter for,
or it is spam which you highlight, then click "Spam" icon. thunderbird's
adaptive filtering works very well and after you have hit spam icon a few
times for a sender, thunderbird will learn sender or contents of email
and move those emails to "Spam" folder.

such is done by making last filter filter all emails that reach it get
moved to Local Folders / Inbox.

because you have probable already set filters to filter under the agent
there is a very easy way to move those filters to your new agent and
have emails moved under "Local Folders". [more later on editing filters]

too many people fail to see that an email agent is just that, an email
agent and should treat them as such.

> I can't find fault with the gmail service, it always worked and spam was
> a rarity! Not so now I am creating filters and trying to get the
> Thunderbird junk system to recognize it. Before this Google removed 99%
> of it, I guess I am spoiled and expect too much?
.
see above.

after you have read this and replied with what ever you are confused with,
i will explain how to set up email folders under Local Folders and answer
what you are confused about.

something to give thought to is to look at how *nix sets up root
directories and then breaks things down further with additional directories.

"/" is the base of a tree. each directory in "/" is a branch and depending
on what that branch is, there will or not have further branching.

it is a logical way to organize.

then consider email Local Folders as the "/" base and all folder branches
are classifications as to what your incoming emails are.

--
peace out.

If Bill Gates got a dime for every time Windows crashes...
 ...oh, wait. He does. THAT explains it!
-+-

CentOS GNU/Linux 6.6

tc,hago.