Q about how TB handles google mail

Joe Zeff joe at zeff.us
Fri Aug 21 00:52:19 UTC 2015

On 08/20/2015 05:42 PM, jd1008 wrote:
> But, once downloaded by one of his TB clients, he is not able
> to download them on the other TB client.
> This is the issue. I am sure you read my reply to Joe Zeff.
> I think it IS the gmail server that is doing this, but none of the
> settings betray how it is done.

Back when I did tech support for an ISP, we occasionally had calls from
customers who needed to download the same emails (POP3) to several
machines.  We had them set all but one of them to leave the mail on the
server, and made sure that the one that took them off was the last one
to download them.  I'm not sure that you can do this with Gmail because
I don't know if it honors deletion requests from the client.