Thunderbird and Gmail -

Bob Goodwin - Zuni, Virginia, USA bobgoodwin at wildblue.net
Fri Aug 21 14:23:53 UTC 2015

On 21/08/15 10:16, Temlakos wrote:

> You need to configure a Gmail account to use IMAP, not POP/SMTP. IMAP
> synchronizes with the server and lets you manage the on-line storage
> of your e-mail on-the-fly.
.
I have not tried imap, since the problems did not seep specific to pop,
smtp.gmail.com doesn't accept the password either. However I am willing
to give that a try also out of desperation.

> Furthermore, you should be able to set up the account to configure
> automatically.
.
Yes, Thunderbird 38.1.0 does try to do that ...

> Are you using the current build of Thunderbird? That's what it does:
> configures everything for you. It works for me--and I mean, it "just
> works."
>
> Temlakos
.
I rarely have any problem setting up thunderbird accounts, this one is
probably a first. I too expected it to just work.

Thanks,

Bob

--
Bob Goodwin - Zuni, Virginia, USA