Firefox, HTML5 and high res. videos

Ed Greshko ed.greshko at greshko.com
Sat Aug 22 13:04:58 UTC 2015

On 08/22/15 20:38, Heinz Diehl wrote:
> On 22.08.2015, Ed Greshko wrote:
>
>> Is this really supposed to be a video?
> [....]
>> The music plays along with a static photo on all platforms I tried.
> The thing is: it only plays when the two config options mentioned
> before are set to "false". But then, not a single video on Youtube can
> be played with a 720p / 1080p resolution. And there are a lot of other
> videos (real videos, not music playing alongside a static picture)
> which won't play when highres HTML5 is enabled in Firefox.
>
> Using Flash rather than HTML5, both cases just work.

Well, I set both of those to "true" and the link you provided played just fine as well as any video that I could find so far.  Maybe point me to a video that doesn't play for you with them sent to true?

FWIW, I'm not sure of the value of setting media.mediasource.webm.enabled to true since I've not encountered any Matroska formatted videos.

--
It seems most people that say they are "done talking about it" never really are until given the last word.