Fedora 22: unable to send mail

g geleem at bellsouth.net
Sun Aug 23 07:22:05 UTC 2015

On 08/23/15 01:58, Martin Skjöldebrand wrote:

> Quoting Ed Greshko <ed.greshko at greshko.com>:
>> On 08/23/15 14:13, Martin Skjöldebrand wrote:
>>> Been googling this a bit without find a solution.
>>> I installed Fedora 22 on my laptop, and I find that I can recieve
>>> mail in Evolution, but not send. Only thing that happens is that
>>> the sending process times out.
>>> I tried with my perosnal mail server, and - to check with a server
>>> that absolutely *should* work - my Gmail account. Both times out.
>>>
>>> Sending mail from both webmail accounts (on the servers) works as expected.
>>> Any ideas?
>>
>> For sending to email one test would be to make sure you at least get this....
>>
>> [egreshko at meimei ~]$ telnet smtp.googlemail.com 465
>> Trying 74.125.203.16...
>> Connected to smtp.googlemail.com.
>> Escape character is '^]'.

.
that only proves he has traffic, which he already does. note next below.

> Yes, I get that on both servers (my own and Gmail).

your header shows you using an email client of;

  Horde Application Framework 5

may we presume your email client is;

  Horde Groupware Webmail Edition 5

is so, then you have email ability via horde and that you have email
protocol to you server.

you still do not know if evolution is getting out.

have you tried to receive with evolution? if use and does not, you still
do not know if evolution is having intercourse with out monitoring etho
port.

--
peace out.

If Bill Gates got a dime for every time Windows crashes...
 ...oh, wait. He does. THAT explains it!
-+-

CentOS GNU/Linux 6.6

tc,hago.