is there an explanation of the various fedora DL URLs and what they correspond to?

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at crashcourse.ca
Wed Aug 26 14:54:49 UTC 2015

On Wed, 26 Aug 2015, g wrote:

> On 08/26/15 03:43, Robert P. J. Day wrote:
> >
> >   once again regarding docker (but really a more general query), i'm
> > trying to clarify the various sources of fedora packages WRT which
> > release/update/testing/rawhide version they correspond to.
> <>
>
> >   is all this written down somewhere? thanks.
> >
> .
> right or wrong, it is now. ;-)

  just for fun, i went to the fedora DL site and created a list of the
various docker RPM packages for my own edification, and put them here
to help me figure out what's going on:

http://www.crashcourse.ca/wiki/index.php/Docker_on_Fedora#Current_state_of_docker_package

as i count it, there are six different versioned packages. and even
that doesn't seem to match what i read here:

https://apps.fedoraproject.org/packages/docker/overview/

which claims that rawhide is at a 1.8.0 version, whcih doesn't match
what i see in the DL pages.

  is there somewhere an explanation of versioning and packaging
workflow?

rday

                        http://crashcourse.ca