efibootmgr help

Paul Cartwright pbcartwright at gmail.com
Sat Aug 29 01:37:49 UTC 2015

On 08/28/2015 06:26 PM, Chris Murphy wrote:
>> > my system originally came with windows 10. I seem to recall that from
>> > what I read, you needed to disable secure boot to install linux & grub..
> That's incorrect, and it's bad advice to continue to propagate.
> Assertions is should be disabled should be vigorously challenged.
>
> --
this wasn't the page I looked at, but the language is similar..
http://www.instructables.com/id/Dual-Boot-Ubuntu-and-Windows-8-UEFI/step4/Deactivating-Fast-Startup-and-Secureboot/

Then it is necessary to deactivate the Secureboot. This tool was
implemented in Windows 8 with the new UEFI Bios, as a safety mechanism
to prevent malicious software from booting in your PC, as well as “non
authorized” operating systems.

Therefore, this tool will block any operating system from starting,
besides Windows 8. So it must be deactivated.

In order to do that, it’s necessary to access your computer Bios, search
for the option “Secureboot” and change it to “Disabled”.

--
Paul Cartwright