efibootmgr help

Tom H tomh0665 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 29 10:28:41 UTC 2015

On Fri, Aug 28, 2015 at 1:33 PM, Paul Cartwright <pbcartwright at gmail.com> wrote:

> I just mounted my ubuntu "/" partition and.... /boot/efi was... empty.
> I'm pretty sure it was there when I booted ubuntu.. oh wait... /boot/efi
> is a separate partition..  but it is already mounted, and it is fedora,
> not ubuntu... arg....

I just went back to your initial email.

The Ubuntu and Fedora ESPs are different. Ubuntu's is sda1 and Fedora's is sda8.

Are you looking for the Ubuntu ESP while booted into Fedora or Ubuntu?

I remember an old thread/bug where someone complained that Anaconda
didn't re-use an already existing ESP...