Fedora on Asus?

Richard Shaw hobbes1069 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 30 13:54:16 UTC 2015

On Sun, Aug 30, 2015 at 8:44 AM, Jonathan Allen <jonathan at barumtrading.co.uk
> wrote:

> Dear Fedora Experts,
>
> My daughter is looking at an Asus Zenbook UX305, which has a 128Gb
> SSD but no hard-drive.  It comes with Win 8.1, but is it likely to
> work with Linux?  Graphics are Intel HD5300.

Well technically the SSD is a hard drive, but yes, not spinning media :)

Intel graphics is generally very well supported. I couldn't find which
chipset the wireless is though in my quick search, if it's Intel as well
you should be fine.

Arch Linux has some good technical info:

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/ASUS_Zenbook_UX305

It's largely around 3.X kernels so you may or may not run into the same
issues with 4.X.

Richard