submitted RPMs and awaiting action?

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Tue Dec 1 18:40:26 UTC 2015

On Tue, 1 Dec 2015 08:20:45 -0600, Ranjan Maitra wrote:

> > The ticket has not even been visible in the needsponsor queue because the
> > fedora-review flag set to '?' means there is a reviewer working on it.
>
> OK, I missed this. But should this not be set as the default?
> What is the point of setting it as something else, when a review request
> means that it is looking for a sponsor/reviewer?

New packages don't need "sponsorship", but new contributors do.

It's step 3 here:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Package_Review_Process#Contributor

There are many more new packages added to the queue than new contributors.

Btw, I'm not in any position to do anything about this process. If anyone
wants to suggest improvements, open a thread on devel@ list, for example.