Cups fails with "Filter failed"

Suvayu Ali fatkasuvayu+linux at gmail.com
Fri Dec 4 20:02:23 UTC 2015

Hi Tim,

On Thu, Dec 03, 2015 at 11:22:19PM +1030, Tim wrote:
> Allegedly, on or about 03 December 2015, Suvayu Ali sent:
> > I restarted cups to make sure the plugins are loaded
> > properly.  Now printing a test page tells me this:
> >
> >   processing since
> >   Thu 03 Dec 2015 05:41:19 PM IST
> >   "The printer is in use."
> >
> > What does that mean?
>
> You could go kill a/any "jobs" stuck waiting in the queue.
> Web interface http://localhost:631/

It started printing after I restarted my computer today.  I guess that
cleared the queue.  I guess the solution for me was installing all the
plugins as Jon suggested, and clearing the queue.  Strangely, when
printing a test page, it prints 2 copies.  Although when printing files,
it prints one.  I can live with that.

Thanks everyone!

--
Suvayu