alias command in a .spec file

arnaud gaboury arnaud.gaboury at gmail.com
Sun Dec 6 10:03:21 UTC 2015

On Sun, Dec 6, 2015 at 10:28 AM, arnaud gaboury
<arnaud.gaboury at gmail.com> wrote:
> To build successfully a rpm package from my .spec file I need alias a command.
> The alias command is not taken into account in the .spec file. I can
> of course run it in my shell before the build, but I would like to
> include the process in .spec file.
>
> The link[1] is confusing. Something like:
> pm alias --MyAlias --define '_MyProg !#:+'
> ?
>
> Or the popt alias setting ?
> Define a global variable like MyAlias= MyProg ?
>
> Thank you for hints

One solution, and maybe cleanest, would be to unset an environment
variable (result would be same).
I can add this in my spec file:

if [ -n $MyVar ]:the
unset MyVar
fi

It works. Now best would be to save this variable, unset it at
begining and set it again at post. I can use
printenv | grep MyVar to catch the Var:Value, but no idea how to save
it in a %variable in my spec file. Idea would be something like this
in pseudo code:
%define MyVar printenv | grep MyVar

--

google.com/+arnaudgabourygabx