using an OS tree to do remote install fails

dwoody5654 dwoody5654 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 15 21:09:17 UTC 2015

I have been using the following with no problems:
url --url http://mirrors.kernel.org/fedora/releases/22/Everything/i386/os/

However, One computer I need to upgrade is in another city and in an
area that has power outages on occasion but It has battery backup.
During a netinstall, if the power goes out while downloading the
packages -- that  would require me to go to the location. So I am trying
to use a local OS tree for the install. This will reduce the risk from
power outage.

The documentation says the following:

|harddrive|
    Install from a tree or full installation ISO image on a local hard
    drive. The tree or ISO image must be on a file system which is
    mountable in the installation environment. Supported file systems
    are |ext2|, |ext3|, |ext4|, |vfat|, or |xfs|.

    |install| |harddrive --partition= | --biospart= [--dir=]|

    |--partition=|
        Partition to install from (such as |sdb2|).
    |--biospart=|
        BIOS partition to install from (such as |82p2|).
    |--dir=|
        Directory containing the installation tree or ISO image.

I only have one drive in the computer: /dev/sda.

When I use:

|harddrive --partition=/dev/sda2 --dir=/path/os|

The target mount points are:
sda1 is mounted as /
sda2 is mounted as /home

The errors are that the drive is not found for install and os tree also
fails.

I also tried:

|harddrive --partition=sda2 --dir=/path/os|

I have not found any other info.

Is there documentation elsewhere that has more details on the use of an
OS tree?

Thanks for your help,

David