unetbootin

Ed Greshko ed.greshko at greshko.com
Thu Dec 17 07:33:50 UTC 2015

On 12/17/15 14:58, Michael D. Setzer II wrote:
> On 17 Dec 2015 at 14:18, Ed Greshko wrote:
>
> From:           	Ed Greshko <ed.greshko at greshko.com>
> Subject:        	Re: unetbootin
> To:             	users at lists.fedoraproject.org
> Date sent:      	Thu, 17 Dec 2015 14:18:48 +0800
> Send reply to:  	Community support for Fedora users
> <users at lists.fedoraproject.org>
>

>> On 12/17/15 06:34, Patrick Dupre wrote:
>>> Unetbootin fails on fedora 22
>> Works just fine here on F22 under both KDE and GNOME.  If started as a normal user you
>> will get a prompt for the root PW.
>>
> Just tried it again on my Fedora 22 machine and it asks for the root
> password, but then comes up with a screen that has UNetbootin at the top
> center with a little Icon on the left, but then nothing but a blank gray area.
>
> Using a script with
> QT_X11_NO_MITSHM=1 unetbootin
>
> Asks for the password, but then has the same title, but the windows has all
> the correct info on the gray background. So, not sure what the difference is??

Curious....  FWIW these are the only QT related entries in my running KDE environment.

QTDIR=/usr/lib64/qt-3.3
QTINC=/usr/lib64/qt-3.3/include
QT_GRAPHICSSYSTEM_CHECKED=1
PATH=/usr/lib64/qt-3.3/bin:/usr/lib64/ccache:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/sbin:/home/egreshko/bin
QT_IM_MODULE=ibus
QTLIB=/usr/lib64/qt-3.3/lib

Ran unetbootin in both a VM and normal HW with an nVidia card and the nVidia drivers from
rpmfusion.  For completeness I just ran it on an F23 laptop also with nVidia with no problems.

--
In reality, some people should stick to running Windows and others should stay away from
computers altogether.