The continuous crippling of Fedora LiveCDs by removing usefull stuff for no apparent reason

Fernando Cassia fcassia at gmail.com
Fri Dec 18 22:58:55 UTC 2015

On Fri, Dec 18, 2015 at 5:51 PM, Antonio Olivares <wingators at inbox.com>
wrote:

> A bigger Specialized spin called Scientific has OpenJDK :)
> Since nowadays we still need a DVD since nothing fits on a CD anymore :(
>
> https://labs.fedoraproject.org/en/scientific/
>
> It should contain JAVA as it is listed here:
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Scientific_Packages_List

Thanks Antonio.

Will check it out. Wasn't aware of such Scientific spin. Does the "labs"
subdomain mean it is somewhat different from other Fedora respins?

Since I run this on a netbook with low resources (Intel Atom, 32-bit CPU,
only 2 GB RAM), I'd prefer if I could get openJDK retrofitted into the
somewhat lightweight Mate-Compiz spin. (I tried Fedora XFCE but hate its
browser, Midori).

FC
act
Durante épocas de Engaño Universal, decir la verdad se convierte en un Acto
Revolucionario
- George Orwell