problems with kde

Walter Cazzola cazzola at di.unimi.it
Sun Dec 20 16:06:29 UTC 2015

Dear Fedora Experts,
I'm a proud user of Fedora (currently 20) Linux on a Dell Laptop since 6 years.

A couple of days ago without any real reason something broke up (the
only thing happened is a write error but after that it worked fine) and I
get serious problems in login into my KDE account. It takes half an hour
and after that I'm in a crippled system. Each command I type gives as a
reply "no more processes." Also menus and windows are quite unresponsive.

Today after many desperate attempts I logged as root on KDE (I know this
is something to avoid) but with the root account everything is working
fine. I got into in few seconds and any command works as expected.

So I suspect that something happened to my user, so I removed the .local
configuration without any luck. I would also send you some logs but I
can't imagine what could be useful. Anyone can help me to solve this
issue?

Thank you in advance

Walter