kernel checkout specific version

stan stanl-fedorauser at vfemail.net
Sun Dec 20 20:55:32 UTC 2015

On Sun, 20 Dec 2015 10:48:40 +0100
Philip Brown <philipbrown.es at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I would appreciate a little help please.
> I am building the kernel with the following commands:
>
> fedpkg clone -a kernel
> cd kernel
> git checkout -b f23 --track origin/f23
> fedpkg local
>
> and this builds a 4.2.8-300 release, however I need to build a
> 4.2.7-300 release which fedora is currently running on.
>
> how would I alter my command to achieve this.

I haven't used fedpkg.  I was actually unaware of it until your post.
But a quick look at the man page suggests that it can build srpm
files.  So, you can go to koji,
http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/packageinfo?packageID=8
select the kernel you want, and download the srpm.  Once you have that,
it appears that you can build the srpm using
fedpkg build --srpm [srpm name]

If the kernel has been built, there will already be a binary rpm there
for the common architectures.  You could forego the build, and just
download and install the binary rpm.