firefox 42.0 does not play youtube video

Zoltan Hoppar hopparz at gmail.com
Tue Dec 22 03:07:29 UTC 2015

I have noticed suddenly goes crashing when you are using html5 only.
When it trying to change the load of the stream simply on my lappie
crashing every time, and kills firefox. Under webkit based browsers
doesn't producing this. More and less for me Firefox is as it changes
version gets changes into an bloatware, so I don't use that much.

Zoltan

> On Mon, 21 Dec 2015 18:04:42 +0100
> François Patte <francois.patte at mi.parisdescartes.fr> wrote:
>

>> Bonjour,
>>
>> Everything is in the subject....
>>
>> I don't know exactly since when youtube videos can't be played in
>> firefox on my machine (fedora 21): I can see the first image of the
>> video, the slider works normaly, but the video is not played....
>>
>> Is it a bug or do I need some extra plugin?
>
> I fired up the distribution browser in F21, version 42, and I was about
> to write that I could not get it to play youtube videos, when I tried
> it one last time, and it suddenly started working.  Not sure what
> changed.  It would just hang when starting the video, until a message
> came up saying something about an error, learn more.  Happened
> several times, but once it started playing the videos, it played them
> from then on.
>
> --

PGP:  06853DF7