mouse

vendor at billoblog.com vendor at billoblog.com
Wed Dec 30 17:14:58 UTC 2015

On Wed, 30 Dec 2015, Patrick Dupre wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Using fedora 22 (laptop), the right click of the mouse (USB) does not work.
> How can I investigate ?
>
> Thank
>
> Regards.

> Patrick DUPRÉ                                 | | email: pdupre at gmx.com
> Laboratoire de Physico-Chimie de l'Atmosphère | |
> Université du Littoral-Côte d'Opale           | |
> Tel.  (33)-(0)3 28 23 76 12                   | | Fax: 03 28 65 82 44
> 189A, avenue Maurice Schumann                 | | 59140 Dunkerque, France

If it was me, I'd start with playing with the system settings in my
windowing system.  I'm a KDE guy. so I go to System Settings -> Input
Devices -> Mouse and make sure that everything is set right. I'm sure
GNOME has the same sort of thing.

If you want to go deeper, then you can use

lsusb -- make sure the mouse is there (though it is if only the right
mouse button isn't working, but what the hell)

If you want to capture usb packets themselves, then wireshark is the way
to go.  See: https://wiki.wireshark.org/CaptureSetup/USB

But I gotta say, if it's just one button that's not working and the system
settings thing doesn't fix it, I'd be thinking hardware issues, and I'd
just spend the five  bucks for a mouse that works.

billo