Running a private mirror with Fedora's mirrormanager

Rick Stevens ricks at alldigital.com
Thu Dec 31 17:28:33 UTC 2015

On 12/30/2015 08:04 PM, spikefedora at gmail.com wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I'm trying to set up a private mirror with Fedora's mirrormanager. It seem I could successfully check in with the report_mirror script as mirromanager's web interface says
>
> Last Checked In: 2015-12-31 03:42:47.866562
>
> for the site I'm interested in. I've got 87.159.31.184/32 and FedoraMirror.mooo.com (which resolves to that exact address) listed in site-local netblocks and the categories carried show a bunch of Fedora 23 stuff (complete list here: https://paste.fedoraproject.org/306101/ if anyone is interested).
>
> What I'd expect is https://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/metalink?repo=updates-released-f23&arch=x86_64 to list my mirror somewhere but unfortunately I only get the unsual public suspects.
> What am I missing? Any help or pointers would be greatly appreciated!

IIRC, a private mirror is just that, private. It's not for the big, bad
Internet to use, so it wouldn't be listed in the mirrors list.

If you want to be in the mirrors list, you have to create a PUBLIC
mirror and tell the Fedora gang about it. See:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Infrastructure/Mirroring#How_can_someone_become_a_public_mirror.3F
-                     "Celibacy is not hereditary."                  -
-                                      -- Guy Goden                  -