not able of booting into rescue mode

Chris Murphy lists at colorremedies.com
Sun Feb 1 16:09:35 UTC 2015

On Sun, Feb 1, 2015 at 8:29 AM, Angelo Moreschini
<mrangelo.fedora at gmail.com> wrote:
> I  learned, just now, something about the use of SYSLINUX.
> That it is interesting, and I would like to know if the utilities of
> SystemRescueCD are equivalent to use the SYSLINUX procedure...

No. Syslinux is a bootloader. Its job is to find, load, and execute a
kernel. There are derivatives isolinux, extlinux, pxelinux.

http://www.syslinux.org/wiki/index.php/The_Syslinux_Project

> And...
> When we get (in some way) a working virtual kernel working on the RAM, how
> we can access to the real file system (that is stored on the HD of the
> computer) in order to intervene at its repair?

I'm uncertain what you mean by "virtual kernel" but if you mean a
virtual machine, you wouldn't use a virtual machine to repair the file
system on the drive. If you need to fix virtual machine image
filesystems, then you can use guestfish to access the image's
filesystem to run fsck. Guestfish is in libguestfs-tools package.

--
Chris Murphy