Fedora 21 shutting down after logging in?

Richard Shaw hobbes1069 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 4 02:57:13 UTC 2015

On Tue, Feb 3, 2015 at 8:16 PM, jd1008 <jd1008 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 02/03/2015 07:00 PM, Richard Shaw wrote:
>
>  On Tue, Feb 3, 2015 at 7:58 PM, jd1008 <jd1008 at gmail.com <mailto:
>> jd1008 at gmail.com>> wrote:
>>
>>     You might want to configure the screen locker
>>     (/usr/bin/mate-screensaver).
>>     My DT is Mate, so I will show how I configure the screen saver
>>     from the Mate DT :
>>
>>     click on
>>     System-> Preferences->Look and Feel->ScreenSaver
>>
>>     You should see
>>     Activate Screensaver when computer is idle (and a sliding bar to
>>     select the idle time)
>>     Lock Screen when Screensaver is Active (If this is checked, you
>>     might want to uncheck
>>     it or increase the time which is considered idle by gnome)
>>

>> Seeing as I don't get a usable desktop until AFTER the first lock/unlock
>> cycle, I certainly don't want to increase it.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Richard
>>

>>  So, if the idle time is set short, and lock is enabled, then
> you HAVE to accept the current behaviour as normal - Caveat Emptor!

Umm... I don't know where you're trying to go with this but I'm not
interested in a philosophical debate.

The fact I only get a desktop after a lock/unlock cycle is a symptom and
I'm not sure if it has anything to do with systemd thinking it needs to
shut the computer down or not. It's not a critical system so I'm not
terribly interested in band-aids either but troubleshooting ideas are
welcome.

Thanks,
Richard