Brother HL-L2340DW -

Bob Goodwin bobgoodwin at wildblue.net
Wed Feb 4 19:46:25 UTC 2015

On 02/04/15 13:53, poma wrote:
> Here, Bob just for you.;)
> http://www.brother-usa.com/askus/default.aspx?PGID=1&R3ModelID=HLL2340DW
*
*My question was "*Has anyone installed an HL-L2340DW printer? If so I
am curious to know what driver you used?"

We keep getting further from answering that. Last week I began with a
phone call to Brother Tech Support where the only answer was in an
e-mail follow-up. The guy I was talking to couldn't admit, after going
off to investigate, that they had no driver, their response would be by
e-mail:

"Description of Solution 200000004054 *

Currently, Linux support is not available for your Brother machine.

For current support information in regards to Linux you may visit
http://solutions.brother.com/linux/en_us/index.html"

That shows that they offer Linux support for many printers but none in
this series.

I really didn't want to repeat everything I've tried over the last week,
just wanted to know what someone else did. Apparently I am the only one
who bought this printer. I'm not sure I'm happy with it but it is
working wirelessly as advertised.

I just have to decide if it's a keeper. In the mean time I've ordered
parts to restore the one it was to replace which looks more like a
keeper every day.

Thanks to all for the help,

Bob

--