Brother HL-L2340DW -

Bob Goodwin bobgoodwin at wildblue.net
Thu Feb 5 16:55:08 UTC 2015

On 02/05/15 11:42, Fred Smith wrote:
>> In this case basic stuff like the mac address was not specified
> My HL2070N (as well as our DCP-7065DN) has a web page you can access,
> and you can find the MAC address thre, too. I'd imagine yours does, too.

It had no address as delivered, or if it had one it did not show in the
self test page. I wanted the mac address for dhcp assignment via my
router. I eventually found that I could set an address manually via the
push buttons and the LCD display, once done I had access via the browser
and then configuration is simple. The documentation does not make manual
configuration easy, it is Windows oriented. I can't fault them for that,
it is not sold as Linux compatible, just requires Windows.

--
http://www.qrz.com/db/W2BOD
box10  Fedora-21/64bit Linux/XFCE