Unknown Metadata Type from Yumex

Stephen Morris samorris at netspace.net.au
Thu Feb 12 20:44:55 UTC 2015

WARNING: Unknown metadata type (group_gz) for <b>fedora</b>

I'm getting the above message on a number of repositories, where there
are a couple of different values between the brackets, when Yumex
downloaded the metadata this morning as part of it checking for
available updates. What does it mean and how do I rectify it?

Also, after downloading the metadata and applying the only update
available, which was an update I was expecting (it was the kmod-nvidia
update for the new kernel), yumex downloaded all the metadata again and
produced the same messages. Is the above messages the reason why Yumex
did the double metadata download?