RPM build error

jd1008 jd1008 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 15 03:03:21 UTC 2015

On 02/14/2015 07:49 PM, Ranjan Maitra wrote:
> On Sat, 25 Jan 2014 00:49:02 +0100 poma <pomidorabelisima at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On 24.01.2014 23:05, Ranjan Maitra wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I am trying to build an RPM for sylfilter available at
>>> http://sylpheed.sraoss.jp/sylfilter/src/sylfilter-%{?version}.tar.gz
>>>
>>> Many thanks and best wishes,
>>> Ranjan
>> http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/SeaEagle1/Fedora_19/home:SeaEagle1.repo
>>
> So, the Fedora repo appears to have disappeared. Anyone know if there is a repo containing sylfilter? Or should I go back to building an rpm from scratch?
>
> Many thanks and best wishes,
> Ranjan

ftp://ftp.pbone.net/mirror/www.pclinuxos.com/pclinuxos/srpms/SRPMS.pclos/sylfilter-0.8-1pclos2013.src.rpm

64 bit:
ftp://ftp.pbone.net/mirror/www.pclinuxos.com/pclinuxos/apt/pclinuxos/64bit/RPMS.x86_64/sylfilter-0.8-1pclos2013.x86_64.rpm

32 bit:
ftp://ftp.pbone.net/mirror/www.pclinuxos.com/pclinuxos/apt/pclinuxos/32bit/RPMS.updates/sylfilter-0.8-1pclos2013.i586.rpm

I suggest you build the source as follows (assuming you downloaded the
source):

sudo yum-builddep -y sylfilter-0.8-1pclos2013.src.rpm

now as non-root:

rpm -ivh sylfilter-0.8-1pclos2013.src.rpm
cd  { to the SPECS directory }. I assume it will be somewhere in your
home dir.

You might want to edit the stylfilter.spec file so that the newly built
rpm will be
named after your fedora dist release number. Not crucial.

rpmbuild -vvv -bb sylfilter.spec 2>&1 | tee sylfilter.build.out

When it finishes (successfully), it will say what it Wrote (will give
full pathname)

If successfull, then

yum localinstall full-path-name-to-the-newly-built-stylfilter.......rpm

Good luck.