Disabling the UPS alarm using Linux

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Tue Feb 17 04:45:19 UTC 2015

On Mon, Feb 16, 2015 at 18:30:57 -1000,
  Jim Lewis <jim at jklewis.com> wrote:

> I know this has always been hard/impossible to do but I thought I would
>ask in case this had finally been resolved. I tried using upscmd but it
>can't find the APC UPS (USB). The man page and other documentation is
>pretty bad. I already use apcupsd to monitor my various UPS units so I
>tried using the apctest program. All it can do is perform the alarm test
>function. Everything else comes back with a message saying it can't do
>whatever it is I want to do.
>
> Any pointers appreciated. Yes, I realize I could find a blows box
>somewhere, load the Powerchute program, and disable the alarm that way.

You could look at using nut to manage your UPSes. There is a command for
setting parameters, but I don't know if will turn off the (audible?) alarm
for your particular UPS. upsrw or upscmd would be what you want, but you
need to be using nut to monitor the UPS and you need to do some config file
setup.