How to configure the firewall for VPN PPP connections?

Rick Stevens ricks at alldigital.com
Thu Feb 19 23:40:12 UTC 2015

On 02/19/2015 03:22 PM, Paul Smith wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 19, 2015 at 11:12 PM, Joe Zeff <joe at zeff.us> wrote:
>>>
>>> Thanks, Joe. Is there some graphical tool for that?
>>
>> I'm sure that there is, but it may depend on your DE.  I use Xfce and
>> system-config-firewall but YMMV.
>
> The solution suggested in the following address works fixed the issue:
>
> https://ask.fedoraproject.org/en/question/63759/pptp-connection-fails-after-last-update/?sort=oldest

If you want that change made permanent to your firewall, don't forget
to do

	firewall-cmd --runtime-to-permanent

or add the "--permanent" flag to the "--add-rule" lines. Otherwise
you'll need to repeat it each time you reboot or restart the firewall.
-         If this is the first day of the rest of my life...         -
-                        I'm in BIG trouble!                         -