fedora netinstall

François Patte francois.patte at mi.parisdescartes.fr
Tue Feb 24 11:18:53 UTC 2015

Le 24/02/2015 00:00, Ed Greshko a écrit :

> On 02/24/15 06:45, François Patte wrote:
>> Bonjour,
>

>> I can read on this page:
>
>> http://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/Fedora/21/html/Installation_Guide/chap-downloading-fedora.html
>
>>  <quote>
>
>> netinstall Image The netinstall image boots directly into the
>> installation environment, and uses the online Fedora package
>> repositories as the installation source. With a netinstall image,
>> you can select a wide variety of packages to create a customized
>> installation of Fedora. The Fedora Server netinstall image is a
>> universal one, and can be used to install any Fedora flavor or
>> your own set of favorite packages.
>
>> </quote>
>
>> No link is provided.... So what poor people like me can do?
>
>> Thanks for any light.
>
> https://getfedora.org/en/server/download/
>
> Has the links to the Netinstall Images

OK! Thanks! *But* it is only for fedora server....

Where can we clearly find a *real* doc on what is inside the package
we download, what will the installer install on our computer if we
choose "workstation" or "server" or.... What softwares. The "download
fedora" web page is now so light that we cannot know all these things!
Do Fedora people think that we so stupid that we cannot understand or
choose our tools to work with?

This looks like M$ philosophy: put the install CD/DVD in your drive
and let big brother take care of you!

- --
François Patte
UFR de mathématiques et informatique