Restoring the usual graphical boot panel

Ronal B Morse ron at morsehouse.com
Wed Feb 25 15:44:26 UTC 2015

On Wed, 2015-02-25 at 08:16 +0000, Paul Smith wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 25, 2015 at 8:06 AM, Joe Zeff <joe at zeff.us> wrote:
> >>
> >> After having installed the NVidia proprietary drivers, the usual boot
> >> panel with a ball with an "F" in the middle does not show up anymore;
> >> now, I get a bar at the bottom of the screen, which increases its
> >> length as the booting activity is progressing. Is it possible to get
> >> back the usual graphical boot panel?
> >
> > Only by removing the nVidia drivers.  Sorry.
>
> Thanks, Joe. That is not a big problem this nVidia drivers side effect!

May be something unique to your system. Works fine here on mine. Still,
I doubt it's worth the trouble to chase down. I believe the relationship
between the nVidia proprietary drivers and Fedora is tenuous at best.
Once working the smart course is to leave it alone and treat proposed
updates with fear and extreme skepticism.

RBM