Qt 4.x -- Qt 5.x -- qtgrace -- segfault

Kevin Abbey kevin.abbey at rutgers.edu
Thu Feb 26 00:15:10 UTC 2015

Hi,

I've tried to build and run qtgrace on fedora 20 and it almost always
segfaults.  The only time it worked was within a remote desktop running
in x2go.  I have attempted with both Qt 4.x and 5.x from the fedora repo.

qtgrace
http://qtgrace.sourceforge.net/

I tried this posted solution but it still failed on Gnome, LXDE and
Cinnamon.  It also did not work in the x2go session.
http://sourceforge.net/p/qtgrace/discussion/1358966/thread/838fa2a4/#2e35

There are a number of similar questions found on the software site help
and Discussion pages.

Open Disscussion:
http://sourceforge.net/p/qtgrace/discussion/1358965/

Help
http://sourceforge.net/p/qtgrace/discussion/1358966/

Any advice to fix this is appreciated.

If a Qt developer can troubleshoot and also advise the developer on
creating a fedora/centos rpm this would be great.

Thank you,
Kevin