Looking for a life-save LVM Guru

Mike Wright nobody at nospam.hostisimo.com
Sat Feb 28 05:07:33 UTC 2015

On 02/27/2015 06:21 PM, Chris Murphy wrote:
> This inquiry was cross posted here:
> http://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos/2015-February/150351.html
> which is contrary to the guidelines on no cross posting:
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines#Do_not_Cross_Post
>
> I suggest this thread be closed.

I'd like to see it stay open.  The OP was not trolling and is obviously
in desperate need of a solution.  I'm sure every one of us has lost
critical data at one time or another.

LVM is still considered arcane by many and any shared wisdom regarding
OP's situation would accrue greatly to our cumulative knowledge base.

I can attest that I once lost a volume that was so important to me that
I got sick to my stomach.  I am loathe to wish that upon anyone.

my 2p,
Mike Wright