how to run xrandr command at startup

Ed Greshko ed.greshko at greshko.com
Fri Jan 2 23:52:03 UTC 2015

On 01/03/15 06:44, CS DBA wrote:
> Hi all;
>
> I want to run an xrandr command at startup.
>
> I Tried these solutions with no luck:
>
> 1) added command it to /etc/rc.d/rc.local (as a script with #!/bin/bash as the first line)
>     created a soft link from /etc/rc.d/rc.local to /etc/rc.local
>     systemctl start rc-local.service

Is there any reason why you didn't just follow the instructions located as comments in  /lib/systemd/system/rc-local.service ?  Note the mention of "executable" in the comments.

FWIW, I've found that redirecting stderr to a file for each command can help diagnose issues.  Also, adding an "echo" with a redirect to a file can let you know if a command is being run that you're expecting to be run.

> 2) added command to /etc/kde/kdm/Xsetup
>     chmod a+x /etc/kde/kdm/Xsetup
>

> Neither of the above solutions work
>

> I'm running Fedora 21, KDE spin (64bit)
>
> Thanks in advance for any help...

So, you turned off the default sddm in F21 and switched back to kdm?