suggestions for setting up a cluster in Fedora/CentOS

Ranjan Maitra maitra.mbox.ignored at inbox.com
Sat Jan 3 16:02:07 UTC 2015

Hello,

I have my hands on five slightly older (circa 2009-top-of-the-line) dual quad-cores, one of them has 16GB memory, the others have 8GB. All of them are otherwise identical. I want to try my hand at making a cluster out of them using Fedora 21 or CentOS 7. Are there any comprehensive documents someone could point me to? I am not sure what sort of cluster (ROCKs/Beowulf, etc) to set up, and I am also looking at this as a learning experience, so any suggestions in this regard would also be very helpful.

Many thanks and best wishes,
Ranjan

--
Important Notice: This mailbox is ignored: e-mails are set to be deleted on receipt. Please respond to the mailing list if appropriate. For those needing to send personal or professional e-mail, please use appropriate addresses.