Evolution 3.10.4 and Fedora 20

Gregory P. Ennis PoMec at PoMec.Net
Sat Jan 3 21:33:30 UTC 2015

On Wed, 2014-11-12 at 10:28 -0600, Gregory P. Ennis wrote:
> On Mon, 2014-11-10 at 15:50 -0600, Gregory P. Ennis wrote:
> > 755 -
> > VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation 82Q35 Express Integrated
> > Graphics Controller (rev 02) (prog-if 00 [VGA controller])
> >
> > Also, it should be noted that my observations were the same as John's
> > in
> > that I was first suspicious of Firefox along with gpaste.  After
> > removing gpaste and not accessing Firefox the only software that was
> > consistently associated with the problem was evolution.  I never
> > noticed
> > this on F16, F17, F18, F19, but John is correct in that this causes a
> > real problem that is only solved by a reboot.
>
> The built-in Intel video controllers are usually very well supported so
> I doubt that is the source of the problem in this case. Since no-one
> else has responded I suggest you post on the Evo list, including all
> relevant information (version of Evo, video hardware etc.).
>
> poc
>
> Thanks Patrick.... will do
>
> Greg

I never stumbled across a solution to this problem on Fedora 20 so I
decided to do a fedup upgrade to Fedora 21, and the problem is now gone.
If anyone else had this problem switching to F21 worked for me.  I am in
the process of upgraded my other F20 unites to f21 and so far this has
fixed every unit.

Greg