chrony lan -

Bob Goodwin bobgoodwin at wildblue.net
Sat Jan 3 22:21:52 UTC 2015

On 01/03/15 16:39, Ed Greshko wrote:
> On 01/04/15 01:27, Bob Goodwin wrote:
>> If I block WAN connection to a server will it find a time reference on the LAN? There's usually a workstation connected and getting it's clock updated but it looks like the server is not? I haven't found the answer in the man pages ... I was looking for a configuration setting perhaps.
> The configuration file for chronyd can be found by consulting the man page for chronyd.
>
>         If no configuration commands are specified on the command line,  chronyd
>         will   read   the   commands   from   the  configuration  file  (default
>         /etc/chrony.conf).

Yes, I've looked at that but it's not clear to me.

# Allow NTP client access from local network.
#allow 192.168/16

Will uncommenting this allow the server to find a time sync signal on
the LAN? Even the router keeps time so it seems there should be a way
other than keeping the server connected to the internet for time alone?
It seems I should be able to tell it to get it's time from 192.168.1.1
[the router].

--
http://www.qrz.com/db/W2BOD
box10  Fedora-21/64bit Linux/XFCE