Nouveau driver is slow in Fedora 21

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Tue Jan 6 08:49:18 UTC 2015

On Tue, Jan 06, 2015 at 09:24:04 +0100,
  poma <pomidorabelisima at gmail.com> wrote:
>On 06.01.2015 07:24, Bruno Wolff III wrote:
>
>> The 3.19 kernel has some Nouveau fixes and is probably worth a quick try.
>
>What particular changes are those?

There are lots of changes in 3.19 (and 3.18 for that matter). I didn't
see a particular one that might fix his problem, but a relatively quick
check against the latest code is often worthwhile. 3.19 did fix one issue
I was having with a program locking up in wine in one place (though not
everywhere).

If one wanted to look through the changes before trying a new kernel one
could look at http://cgit.freedesktop.org/nouveau/linux-2.6/log/?h=linux-3.19
or http://cgit.freedesktop.org/nouveau/linux-2.6/log/?h=linux-3.18 . Though
once there is a 3.19 rawhide build it would probably be faster to just
test the newer kernel rather than dig through the changes to see if any
look like they may help with that particular problem.