Chrony, NTP, and Firewalld -

Bob Goodwin bobgoodwin at wildblue.net
Tue Jan 6 13:58:52 UTC 2015

I have two Fedora-21 computers set as time servers for chrony, this one
[box10] Which began as a new install and box7 which evolved from the
alpha version. In both the firewalld GUI Service > Workstation > NTP
show "checked." However I have to disable the firewall in box7 to allow
it to serve chrony and display in chronyc sources.

So it appears that the GUI is not telling the whole story, stuff is
happening that it doesn't cope with. I considered yum remove and
re-install firewalld but rejected that idea as probably causing more
problems. I guess that means fixing iptables from the command line, a
scary prospect!

Can anyone offer some very basic help doing that?

Bob

--
http://www.qrz.com/db/W2BOD
box10  Fedora-21/64bit Linux/XFCE