Fedora & Android

Patrick O'Callaghan pocallaghan at gmail.com
Tue Jan 6 16:41:35 UTC 2015

On Tue, 2015-01-06 at 14:29 +0100, Timothy Murphy wrote:
> Surely, the Fedora-Android link must be vital to the future of Fedora?
> Why is so little effort put in to setting up a simple connection
> between the two?
> Or am I overlooking alternative approaches?

Depends what you want exactly. Airdroid
(https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sand.airdroid) is
fine for simple drag-and-drop file copying and is very easy to set up.
There are also rsync solutions, simple-mtpfs etc. The odd thing is that
there appears to be no way to do a full backup of a non-rooted Android
device, presumably because of security. IMHO this is something Google
really needs to do to be on a level with Apple.

poc