Fedora & Android

Rick Stevens ricks at alldigital.com
Tue Jan 6 18:10:59 UTC 2015

On 01/06/2015 09:59 AM, Heinz Diehl wrote:
> On 06.01.2015, Timothy Murphy wrote:
>
>> I'm wondering what applications people use to link the two?
>
> I rarely have to connect my Android phone (CM11) to my computer. When
> I have to, I use obex and obexftp.

I have a Galaxy S3 and I use simple-mtpfs (for USB tether) or "AndFTP"
(for wifi, available from GooglePlay for free). "AndFTP" is a reasonable
FTP client and does FTP, SFTP and FTPS transfers (I tend to use SFTP
since sshd is running on all of my boxes). No, my Galaxy isn't rooted
(although I'm seriously thinking about it).

You can also send/receive files via Bluetooth, although I've found that
can be problematic at times. I don't do it often enough to have a
process I follow each time. I end up futzing with it until it works.