Fedora & Android

Tom Horsley horsley1953 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 6 20:25:06 UTC 2015

On Tue, 6 Jan 2015 17:55:16 -0200
Sylvia Sánchez wrote:

> There's something that isn't been mentioned yet, but I would love to
> know. Is it possible to root an Android mobile from a Linux computer,
> e.g. Fedora?  All the solutions I found are about Windows PC.  :-/

Depends on the device, but most of the rooting solutions
just involve running adb commands (certainly for Nexus
devices that is the case). The only thing most of the
windows programs do is package up a toolkit that runs the
commands for you. Lookup your device on http://forum.xda-developers.com/
and read the low level rooting instructions.

Except for the fact that all the xda posts assume you know
about 1000 things you don't know, all the info is there :-).

For one specific example you could look at the info I recorded
for rooting my Nexus 7:

http://home.comcast.net/~tomhorsley/hardware/nexus7/hacking.html