Trouble playing MP4 videos under Fedora 21 -- Gstreamer thinks a codec is missing which is actually installed

Temlakos temlakos at gmail.com
Wed Jan 7 17:55:33 UTC 2015

> On Wed, 2015-01-07 at 09:19 -0800, Jonathan Ryshpan wrote:
>> Where do I go from here?
> Works for me, though I usually prefer vlc.
>
> poc

Some of the package information didn't come across. I noticed that myself.

So I systematically installed (and, when necessary, reinstalled) ever
gstreamer package available in Fedora Core, Updates, and RPMfusion.

Problem solved.

Temlakos

PS: does anyone know how vlc really works? I suspect it gets its codecs
from some on-line server. I've never tried to use vlc off-line. Does
anyone have any experience with that?

Temlakos